Yes, we are on a travel kick, and no we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon! This summer everyone has the travel bug, and we love seeing how everyone travels differently! One thing we always wonder though is how do people travel with so much stuff for their content shoots and adventures? We thought we would share with you five tips on how to travel light, minimize your baggage, and maximize your experience!
- Pick a lightweight, spacious bag. Yes, even your bag can weigh you down! Leather bags and hardshell suitcases can definitely add to the weight of your luggage, so look for bags made out of lightweight materials! We absolutely love the Preston Duffle for travelling, it is the perfect carry-on, made out of lightweight cork, and is extremely durable!
- Create a capsule wardrobe. Do not overpack on clothing ever! You know that shirt you bought over a year ago and it has been sitting in the back of your closet, but MAYBE you will wear it on vacation? Well, you probably won’t. Always pack things you love and wear frequently so you don’t waste space on unnecessary clothing! Choose a neutral colour palette of clothing pieces that you can mix and match to create multiple outfits, with just a few key pieces! For more info on a capsule wardrobe, check out this blog post!
- Roll your clothing. Along with only packing a few key pieces to create multiple outfits, roll your clothing to make more space in your suitcase! This will allow you to save space and maximize your suitcase to fit in your shoes, toiletries, snacks, and souvenirs from your adventures!
- Make a list and plan ahead! Write out everything you are bringing and need to bring for excursions and events on your trip. If you are travelling to another country with different outlets, write down to bring your adaptors. Bring snacks if you have dietary restrictions, and know what you’re doing on your trip to pack accordingly!
- Limit the number of bags you bring! This goes for both how many you are packing with clothing, and purses if you carry one! Always bring just a carry on and a backpack, this saves you time of checking your bags and picking them up, along with paying to check your larger bags! Packing too many purses is just unnecessary space taken up, instead choose one neutral bag that will go with anything! For smaller bags we recommend a bag like the Charlotte, and for a larger tote, something like the Nile! The less you bring, the less you have to worry about!
We hope you use some of these travel tips on your upcoming adventures to limit your stress and worries about what you brought and if you will use it all! Pack minimal, maximize your journeys! Remember, nobody will care what you’re wearing if you act confident! If you travel and take your Eve Cork bags with you, make sure to share your photos on Instagram and Tag us!